Only the best do it when they don't feel like it."
It was great to see everyone out racing and volunteering! We'd like to congratulate everyone who participated in the Bridge Race and the Niagara Womens Half Marathon and last weekend's Ottawa Race Weekend. For many of you, this was your first 'true' race, or the longest distance you've run to date....special kudos to you! Thanks also go out to the MANY Feet on Fire volunteers who helped out at the Bridge Race.
Having just completed a goal like this is a great accomplishment, but sometimes brings with it the 'what's next?" question. Here's a great article that Dick came across to deal with 'post race let-down': http://www.irun.ca/blog/index.php/how-to-deal-with-race-letdown/
In addition to racing, there's lots of other activity at FoF. Here are a few reminders:
- Wednesday runs will now start at 6:00 p.m. (clinic talks resume in September)
- Several people from the group are planning to run one of the Crim Road Races in August. Here's the website for more info: http://www.crim.org/ (view 'Races' tab for info). Let us know if you're planning to participate and we'll be sure you're included in any group activities.
- We'd love to be able to add a few more testimonials so if anyone believes in what we're doing, we'd appreciate hearing from you (can be as simple as a sentence or two)
- This is the first week we've officially done away with the old format of our weekly summary. If you experience any problems with using our website, please let us know.
We're taking a bit of a break in our regular training plan schedule. For the next three weeks, we'll offer three training plan options:
- IRS programs for new runners / those who'd been following the novice or intermediate Bridge Race programs / those wanting to maintain their current base.
- Aerobic conditioning for those who plan to run a longer distance race in the fall (16km up to marathon)
- Aerobic conditioning plus Speed work, for those racing through the summer or wanting more challenge
One request we received was to change a few of the runs up location wise and now here's your chance! Next Saturday (June 8th) we've been invited to join the Elite Feet / Bluewater Roadrunners group in Port Huron for a 14-18k run, starting at Elite Feet at 8am. Paces will range from 5:30 min/km to 6:45 min/km. Regular runs will still be held out of OnEdge. If you are interested in the Port Huron run, PLEASE fill out the RSVP form at the end of the blog.
Have a great week!
Cal for Feet on Fire